I believe it is strength for woman to admit she had a problem with alcohol or drugs. Most woman are stronger when it comes to control and admitting to issues they may have had. I personally used to smoke cigarettes and marijuana in my younger days and although I consumed a lot, I never believe I had a problem. However, after I re-evaluate my history, I believe I did have a problem, just didn't know I did at the time. My control or quitting came when I got pregnant with my first child at 19, it was a wake up call to change my life. Although I was pretty young when I got pregnant, I still thank God for my daughter everyday, because I do not know where I would be today if she was born. The reason I give my daughter the credit is due to her changing me from a young immature girl to a changed wiser woman. I had responsibilities and it was mine to take care of. Alcohol has never been an issue for me since I do not drink, but smoking was always my key when I was depressed, angry or simply sad and so I had to find other avenues to release these stresses. I have not smoked marijuana since, however, for many years and went back and fourth with smoking but happy to report that I no longer smoke cigarettes and it has been such a beautiful release of such an ugly habit.
Dana Anderson
It takes courage to proceed forward in life when everything is going well. It takes greater strength and courage to quit habits that are both hard to break and pose terrible risks to your health and the health of your child. Your admittance of the use of cigarettes and marijuana takes strength and courage and does not convey any signs of weakness. Because you were willing to stop such habits for your sake and the sake of your child, I am truly impressed and proud of you! Your story is very useful for both the young and old. I also commend you for not using alcohol as it also has negative effects on our bodies. Be encouraged and know there is someone affected by your words.
ReplyDeleteyour story is inspirational. as ex smoker i know how difficult to quit smoking. it is true that you give the credit to your daughter. she help you to break the cycle of your bad habit. i agree with you it is strength to admit and go forward to be a healthy person.my job relate to me to see children born with drug and alcohol addict women.these childes life would be better if their mother make a decision that you have made.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your story. I dont smoke but I know it is hard to quit. I commend you on the decision you made for your child. Your story reflects strength and courage...
ReplyDeleteKeisha